Monday, April 9, 2012

The Saints and the consequences of their actions . . .

Headlines say that Goodell upholds the penalties for all the Saints who were involved in the bounty game! Payton and the others lost their appeal for a lesser punishment!
To talk about how you feel about this is kind of tricky--to not judge, but yet state your opinion on what happens . . . Well, here goes--I am glad Goodell stuck to the original punishment. I think that what they did was despicable! And anytime you do something despicable, you should receive the appropriate consequences. I know I have received consequences for doing things I look back at now and see how awful they were. Sometimes we don't receive the consequences right away and sometimes it may seem that we don't experience them at all, but it really is only a matter of time.
The timeless principle of reaping what you sow was created by God and it cannot be explained away or changed by any man.

The suspension of Payton will hopefully speak loud and clear to any other coach that may have thought about doing the same thing or is doing the same thing but has not been caught yet. I think it's important that these men who have power and money learn the lesson that they are not untouchable. That they can't just treat people that way and get away with it! They are not valuing human life and they needed the wake up call!
Maybe I am being preachy, maybe I am coming across judgmental, I don't mean to be--I just want to speak up for what is right! This world has so much relativism that people forget there is right and wrong and that whether they believe it or not--they will eventually reap what they sow

Let me know what you think please--disagree, agree, agree but think the punishment is too harsh . . .any thoughts are welcome:)
Be kind to one another!
Jennifer

No comments: